Grilling is a process that takes skill but also a bit of knowledge. The following article will cover everything you need to know about grilling steaks, from the type of grill you should use, to seasoning your steak to cook it at its best.
===How To Grill The Perfect Steak===
We have all been there before. You are invited for a friend’s or family member’s BBQ and everyone is bringing some sort of side dish or dessert. But then it hits you. Oh no, I have nothing to bring! Well here is the solution, learn how to grill the perfect steak!
There are many ways and methods to prepare a steak for grilling; however, the following is a simple guide that will help you become a master griller in no time!
You will need: *A high-quality meat tenderizer *A meat mallet *A digital probe thermometer (highly recommended) **A fine tooth comb (optional) **Olive oil **Freshly cracked black pepper **Salt ===Step 1: Cutting===
The first thing you want to do is cut your steak into serving sizes. Steaks are usually sold in 1/2″ thick steaks and these should be cut into 6-8 ounce servings. If you want
As much as I love a good steak dinner, I never seem to have the time or energy to make it. My husband, on the other hand, LOVES to grill. He can do it in his sleep! So when I was asked by Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloins and Stubb’s® Original Bar-B-Q Sauce if I would like to try their grilling tips and tricks for my readers, I knew just who to ask for help!
My husband came up with the most amazing recipe for grilled steak – he marinates the meat first, which gives it tons of flavor, then he makes a compound butter with lemon pepper seasoning that is OUT OF THIS WORLD! We’ve been putting this on everything – steak, chicken, fish – you name it!
After seeing how easy it was to make a great meal on the grill (and how delicious), my husband is convinced that we should be grilling more frequently!
The best part is that Smithfield® Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloins are so easy to use – they are already marinated. All you have to do is throw them on the grill and let them cook! And since we now have such an amazing recipe for grilling steak (and other
I find that a nice lemon pepper seasoning is the perfect way to add some zest to the meat. It’s not to overpowering and adds a ton of flavor. I also like to add a little garlic salt to the meat as well.
I like to use two different sized cuts of steak on my grill, this way I can cook the thicker steaks longer and leave the thin cuts just a touch rarer. I usually marinate my steaks for about an hour with the seasoning, but if you don’t have time you can still get great results from just adding the seasoning straight to your steak when your grill is hot.
The best part about grilling in summer is you get to enjoy your meal on your deck or patio! Nothing beats fresh air, good company and homemade food!**
What is the best way to grill a steak? Well, there are many different answers, depending on who you ask. But there are also some techniques that will work for just about anyone. The first thing you need to do is decide whether you want a charred steak or one that is more well done. If you want a charred steak, then you’re looking for a good char and flavor. If you want it well done, then you’ll be looking for a brown outside and pink inside.
That being said, here are ten tips for grilling the perfect steak:
1) Make sure that your grill is hot enough before putting your meat on it. Some grills have adjustable heat settings, but if yours does not make sure that it is at least 450 degrees Fahrenheit before putting on your meat.
2) Do not use a fork to check the temperature of your meat while it is cooking. You will just lose some of the juices and end up with a drier steak. Instead use an instant read thermometer.
3) Try to buy thicker cuts of meat instead of thin ones. The thinner ones can easily dry out over the grill if they are not watched carefully. The thicker cuts will also hold in moisture so that they do not dry out as easily
There are a lot of ways to cook a steak, but one of the most fool-proof methods is grilling. Grilling gives the steak that nice charred flavor and taste that everyone loves. But grilling isn’t as simple as it sounds. You’ll need the right equipment and some practice. If you follow these tips, you’ll have the perfect steak every time.
1) Marinate your steak for at least an hour before grilling it. This will give it a unique flavor and also help tenderize it for when you throw it on the grill. You can use any marinade you want, but if you’re in a hurry, try just salt and pepper with a little bit of olive oil added in there for taste.
2) Make sure that when you set up your grill that you get all of the charcoals lit. If they aren’t all going then they won’t be able to heat up enough to cook your steak properly without burning it or leaving it raw in some spots.
3) Wait until the flames have died down and then place your steak on the grill about 4 inches above where the coals are burning at their hottest temperature possible. This will allow you to get that nice charred flavor we talked about earlier without over-
Grilled steak is an all time favorite for many people and it is enjoyed in many different ways. We have listed below some tips that should help you enjoy a perfect grilled steak every time.
The first thing to consider is the cut of meat. The most popular cut of meat used for grilling is the T-bone steak. It is one of the tenderest cuts, but it can also be very pricey. You can save money by purchasing a shoulder cut, top or bottom round. These cuts are not as tender and great care must be taken when cooking them but they will do if you don’t want to spend too much money on your dinner.
TIP 1: Preparing the Meat
Your first step should always be to prepare your meat properly. You will want to start with a clean surface so that you are not grilling anything from previous meals onto your current meal. Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before beginning work on the meat. After washing your hands, pat dry and then apply some salt and pepper evenly across the entire steak, both sides. Don’t forget to season the sides as well as the top and bottom because this will allow for even cooking throughout. Adding more seasoning into the side that will be facing up during cooking is also important so
How to pick the best steak:
When it comes to grilling, not all steaks are created equal. Some cuts are better than others, and obviously something like sirloin will never be as wonderful as a dry aged porterhouse. But with some practice, you can grill a perfect steak every time. Here are the basics for picking out the perfect steak for the grill, and how to prep it for grilling perfection.